Dystopian Books are by far one of my favourite genres. They can be so thought provoking and teach us so many valuable lessons. Amongst my authors of choice we definitely have Margaret Atwood and George Orwell, whose famous novels are a must have in any comprehensive and stimulating reading list!
Today I share two things to help you choose your next read: my classic dystopian books shortlist and a dystopian mind map showing the themes and interrelations between my chosen novels.
- 1984 – George Orwell
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood –> Followed by The Testaments
- Brave New World – Aldous Huxley –> Followed by Brave New World Revisited
- Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
- Animal Farm – George Orwell
- The Power – Naomi Alderman
- Never Let me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Maddaddam Trilogy – Margaret Atwood
- Oryx and Crake
- The Year of the Flood
Do you want to know how all the above books are related between each other? Use this mind map to understand what themes they have in common, and to help you decide which book to go for next!